Chittlin's and Chopsticks

Writer and mother, Terris McMahan Grimes, the Mother From Another Continent, an her friends share their slighty off kilter parenting views and their takes on a whole lot of other things.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Take The Duck!



Air Mom Parenting Tip #17

When I'm trying to give the young folk in my family good, sound advice such as, stay away from the home of a certain distant relative because you never know when it might be raided, and they, the very picture of ennui, roll their eyes, sigh, and say, "Oh mother/auntie..." I say, quit firmly, "Take the duck!"

In the parlance of our family, "take the duck" means, "I know you are all grown up, but listen anyway."

It hasn't failed yet. They settle down and listen. And I owe it all to Sony. Take a gander at the commercial below.







Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 4/19/2007 8:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mother:

I am so glad I found your blog. You are a force to be reckoned with. Your writing is clear, to the point and contains no BS.

You should take over the empty air waves left behind by Imus because I have the feeling I could listen to you all day long.

Keep up the great work!

PS: I am a grown man yet I still keep a rubber duck in my shower to remind me of the things in life we adults tend to forget.

 
At 4/22/2007 9:42 PM , Blogger Mother said...

Dan, thank you for your kind words. I'm glad we found each other. Good for you and your rubber duck. Keep the duck!

Mother

 
At 4/27/2007 10:57 AM , Blogger Gail said...

You have relatives like that, too? And I thought we were the only ones. ;) With my children it is more, "You are not allowed to get in the vehicle with Uncle Phil (in-the-blank) because he sees three of each of you before breakfast." It is a hard thing not to crush natural love for others and still protect our children sometimes. God bless. -Firefly

 
At 4/29/2007 7:59 AM , Blogger credo said...

this was a sick commercial. I also have a rubber duckie,because they are just so cute.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

More blogs about mother from another continent.