Chittlin's and Chopsticks

Writer and mother, Terris McMahan Grimes, the Mother From Another Continent, an her friends share their slighty off kilter parenting views and their takes on a whole lot of other things.

Friday, January 26, 2007

They Call Me Air Mom

The other day I was bemoaning to my 22-year-old how I felt I was lagging a bit in the parenting game now that I going a second round with my 10-year-old nephew.

“Don’t worry, Mom, you’re like Jordan,” my son said. You could almost hear my ego inflate. Air Mom! I would go down in the annals of time as the world’s greatest mom. Unfortunately, the dear child didn’t stop at that.

“Remember,” he continued, “when Jordan came back and played on the Wizards? He was past his prime. Remember when he tried to dunk in the All Stars game and missed?

“What are you trying to say,” I queried?

“Mom, you’re still heck’a good---just don’t try any dunks.”

Noted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

More blogs about mother from another continent.