Chittlin's and Chopsticks

Writer and mother, Terris McMahan Grimes, the Mother From Another Continent, an her friends share their slighty off kilter parenting views and their takes on a whole lot of other things.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mother's Lesson #7


These are the young men of our family. Handsome fellows aren’t they. They have the capacity to eat twice their weight in junk food, buttons, and tin cans.


This is a bottle of “Seabuck 7.”

It is made from seabuckthorn berries. The ancient Chinese and the nice lady at Nugget Market said seabuckthorn berries will:

  • Rejuvenate my body and mind
  • Enhance my immune activity
  • Support my circulation and a healthy cardiovascular system for me
  • Fight free radicals found in my body
  • Contribute to healthy cell membranes and smooth, glowing skin

I believed them. I paid $30 for a month’s supply.

Seabuck 7 requires refrigeration. There-in lies the rub. Remember the handsome young men above. Seabuck 7 would have been an aperitif for them.

I had to protect it.

So I made a new label.


It was really scary. The young men ran away.
This story is true. This is not an advertisement for any product or merchant.
Don't forget Shaquanda Cotton!

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 3/17/2007 6:38 AM , Blogger notfearingchange said...

HA! That will teach the young boys...

 
At 3/17/2007 10:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe!Did it work?

 
At 3/17/2007 10:31 AM , Blogger Mother said...

Nofearingchange and Karrie,

It worked for the older guys--for a while. The little guy did not have a clue--but that's what big cousins are for.

 
At 3/18/2007 11:25 AM , Blogger Jahmodi said...

That,s a good one lol,but the juice do look tempting though..very rich color.

 
At 3/18/2007 12:37 PM , Blogger Mother said...

Jahmodi, it's tasty too.

 
At 3/18/2007 5:51 PM , Blogger Dave J. said...

I sure do love when people post pictures of their family. Takes away some of the distance, anonymity. Good looking bunch too, I bet you had your hands full.

 
At 3/19/2007 11:18 AM , Blogger Mother said...

Thanks. I think they're kinda cute that's why I tend to be a big softee. I still have my hands full.

 
At 3/22/2007 8:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. That's a good trick.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

More blogs about mother from another continent.